 Trains / 18758
Re: 4-6-4 Hudson Yellowbelly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:29:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia writes:
I saw this a couple days ago as I was browsing brickshelf.  Very nice.  I
like the use of the stunt stick/backpack attachment thingy on the small
headlights.

Thanks. I like that part, and have recently bought many for future
creations. They are amazingly strong, and connect very tight.

Are those drivers lego parts from the old car sets?  Or are they another
manufacturer?

The driver wheels themselves are red spoked lego wheels form the 70's
painted grey. The rods are a combination of 1x6 technic plates, 1x2 plates,
and 1x8 tiles, and technic minifigure feet (to connect to the driver). In my
newer version (no pics yet), a hinge is built in the driver rod system to
enable corners and switches.

Paul

-Stefan-

In lugnet.trains, Paul Janssen writes:
My latest train project is up on Brickshelf:

It is build after the 4-6-4 hudson shrouded steam engine ÿellowbelly". Only
4 have been made, but never went into service. The model is build in 8 wide,
and is almost finished"... The undercarriage needs a few minor modifications
to make it run smoother through curves and over switches, and a few bricks
1x2 curved bricks on the engine need replacement by 4x2's to make it a bit
smoother. Anyway, let me know wht you think.

Paul