 Trains / 17780
Re: Layout and train MOCs: part 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:52:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Gianluca Morelli writes:
Hi guys,
thanks to Alfio Scaletta's kind help,I could add 7 new pics to the
layout folder:

This is a 3 by 3 meters (10 by 10 ft.) modular layout that ,here at
ItLUG we began to build before summer (and these pics are from that
period,the end of july...only me and Mario Ferrari built something.
Now,afaik,the other members have almost completed their own modules,so
it doesnt look so *airy* now!)

Hi Gianluca,

thanks for sharing these pictures of the Itlug!

I would like to know just a little bit more about the Itlug trainheads:

- do you have this room as a permanent club room? (I think the room problem is
one, lots of us suffer at...)

- how often do you meet per year (per month?)

- how far over Italy are you spread out? What are the (average and maximum)
ways to go, when you meet? Do you meet always at the same location?

- have you plans to present that train layout to the public (or has that
already happened, and I just missed to read about it)?

I think as European neighbours we might share some experiences that differ
from the LTCs in the US and so I am interested in you point of view.
As you know we have no GATs (or comparable) shows here, so it is difficult to
display a train layout. For a future ITLUG+FGLTC meeting we might ask the
Legoland Park in South Germany (nearly same way for both of us, since FGLTC
is basically active in northern Germany), if they are interested in hosting a
big AFOL-train layout, like the American Legoland did once? But maybe we need
some more town area, before we are ready to do so.

Thanks and hope to see you (+ the other ITLUG people with MOCs) soon in
Zwolle! I am already working on some new buildings for the show there (and
ISCC II entry).

Leg Godt!

Ben
www.fgltc.org