 Trains / 17386
Re: Moderator / Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:34:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:
Larry -

Is there any way of limiting the width or forcing word wrapping on the
left-hand highlight list of .trains?  The longer titles that show up there
reduce the actual messages on the right to a narrow little stack.  (I'm
using 800x600 at home - even 1024 wide at work isn't great).

Jason J Railton

It looks like Todd is attempting to set up the page to devote 50% of the
space to the left-hand margin, and 50% to the news digest, but the HTML
table layout, at least under IE 6.0, won't break the long lines, forcing a
minimum width for the left hand size.

Larry, I believe you can fix this by cheating on the link names. You could
explicitly put a return "¬" (ALT-0172 under Windows) in the visible part of
the long link names that don't have spaces or hyphens. It looks like
"http://www.midwestnpioneer.org/timetable/fallenflags/superchief.html" is
the worst offender.

Cary