 Trains / 16985
Re: New page about #4548 Train Controller.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:16:45 GMT

I have been intesrted in this topic as well. Thanks for doing the schematic
work. I was thinking about about mounting a linear variable resistor aka
Thumbwheel Trim Pot (see: http://www.meci.com/images/450-0233.GIF) on the
PCB board opposite the power connector. (see:
http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/ 1st picture). Then drilling a small hole in
the plastic case (again opposite the power connector hole) so that a small
screw driver and be used to adjust the Vmax output.
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Once upon a time (...) there was a discussion about the 4548 Train
Controller about how to limit output in order to limit speed of trains.
That inspired me to create a page describing the problems with the Train
Controller.
I have created a schematic of the Train Controller and added different
information about it on 2 new pages.

You will find it all here:
http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/

Click on the "new" link. As always, LMKWYT.

Suggestions are also very welcome. Especially if anyone knows more about the
heat zink in it (how much power can it handle?)

Leg godt
Sonnich Jensen