 Trains / 16351
16350  |  16352
Subject:
BUGS display - first day a success.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 10:54:41 GMT

The Brisbane (Australia) Lego Users Group or BUGS, are currently running
there first lego display at the 25th Brisbane Miniture Train Show.
Saturday was the first day with the show running hrought to Monday.

We were a huge hit with the little kids and the big kids alike. Many
miniture train enthuesists were surrised, with what you could do with Lego.

Also we heard several stories about how people used to have or still have
their old lego train sets, and I beleive we may have convinced a few people
to come out of the closet and join our group.

All in all, we were pleased with our effort, and have several ideas for your
next display, maybe for the next train show?
The display featured 3 loops with a couple of sidings and switches to move
the trains from one loop to another. Also there are a few small lake side
cottages, a freight termis, self storage centre, a pub, resturant, houses, a
fire scene with lots of flashing lights, loads of other lights and much
more.

Pics?
we will have some small video at a later date, through our website.
--
Aaron Coghill
"Fire Bug" - BUGS - Brisbane & Regional Lego Users Group