 Trains / 15738
Re: International LegoTrain Auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:16:14 GMT

Joseph Olson wrote:

I look for old 12v and 4.5v trains every week. I used to be able to type in
"lego eisenbahn" pull up alot of trains from Germany. Now I can only pull up
those sets by going to the international site. I didn't realize there was a
change until a few weeks ago. Normally I search by seller anyway because
some seem to consistently have some good train stuff for sale. I don't know
why ebay changed.

It's possible it's an artifact of the way the categories work. Note that
German eBay has a category for LEGO trains while eBay US does not (or
didn't as of a couple months ago, though US eBay does now have multiple
categories for LEGO). Do make sure your searching from the right
category.

The sad thing is that most sellers in Europe will only ship to their home
country, so I see many auctions end with the bid about 1/2 or 1/3 of what I
would be willing to pay. Did manage to win a 7740 and 7710 last week at a
good price. If only I could stay in Germany for about a year, I could
probably complete my collection!

One trick is to write the sellers. Another trick is to find a seller you
buy from a lot and see if they will accept shipment. I wrote one seller
to ask about shipping to a friend in Germany and their response was, oh,
no problem, I'm willing to ship to the US.

I've yet to get a 7710 for a good price from Germany, the one's I've got
have all come from Canada.

Frank