 Trains / 15712
15711  |  15713
Subject:
Double Stack Container Cars (was Re: Modern Santa Fe Freight Diesel)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:08:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
Also I
wanted to know if you have any more detailed images of the container cars
that your engine is pulling? I'm working on a design myself and wanted to
get a closer look at yours.

I'll work on posting some instructions.  I'll post again when they are up on
BrickShelf.  It's a pretty simple design; not too sure how realistic it is.
I modelled these container cars just to have something half-way relevant
behind the freight engines.

Here are some instructions for the container cars:

Please be aware of the following:
1) I have built only two cars of the many that are shown as renderings
2) The two cars that I built do not have the same colors as shown in the
renderings.  I don't have so many parts in appropriate colors.
3) The instructions for the "end wheels" got messed up.  I changed the
instructions in MLCad, but it looks as if an older version with incorrect
parts introduction got called by the "L3P" run to generate the POV file.
Sorry. But, I think the construction is still understood.
4) I haven't fully tested the articulation.

I don't claim these cars to be of any "real" likeness to their real-life
versions.

later,
James Mathis