 Trains / 15220
Re: I've got mine (too)!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:35:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Scott Arthur writes:

"Carl Billen" <Carl.Billen@realsoftware.be> wrote in message
news:Grw9v1.5GJ@lugnet.com...
This document certifies that you are the owner of a first-edition Lego(r)
Santa Fe Super Chief model.  A limited quantity of 10.000 of the
distinguished diesel locomotiv sets was produced under license from the
Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company for the initial • production
run.  A special tile included in each set displays your engine's unique
production number.

So, it looks like there may be more that 10k made.

I wonder if part of the real issue is they had to pay for the license up
front to BNSF for a specific number and therefore since they were limited
anyway, they just went ahead and made this a "first-edition" collectors item.

Steve Martin
IndyLUG