 Trains / 15081
Re: Current LEGO Sets on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:41:06 GMT

John Eric Voltin wrote in message ...
I periodically notice currently available LEGO sets on eBay for prices • above
suggested retail.  I assume these items sell to individuals that are not
familiar with LEGO Shop-At-Home or www.lego.com.  For example, today I
noticed one of LEGO's new sets (Super Chief) that is currently selling for
$40 (actually $39.95) with an opening bid of $55.  I suspect a few people
will not know they can buy this set directly from LEGO.  I particularly
like

This is a perennial problem, unfortunately. I wrote the Buying Lego FAQ
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/FAQs.htm (which needs updating, but still
contains much useful info) as something I and others could link to from
auctions and sale pages to educate consumers about places like S@H. I think
eBay's recent rule changes have made even this illegal to link to from an
item page, but you can probably still link to it from your eBay AboutMe
page.

Kevin
TOWN Lego Building contest! http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2002
NEW Hospital 2396 piece kit! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-hosp.htm