 Trains / 14869
Re: How did James Mathis make his tilting trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:40:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
I have not posted any construction details of the tilting mechanism.
They will come.  I have the model cast in MLCad form, but I still need to
spend a fair amount of time generating and refining any instructions.

I will say that the full train is very long.  If memory serves correctly,
something like a little over 7 feet.  The tilting mechanism causes enough
friction between wheels and rails that I have used qty 3 9v train motors.
To push-pull the full set through severe curvey-S curves, I have had to hook
up 2 speed regulators.  Not a very efficient design; but it is pretty cool
looking tilting through the curves.

Does this mean that you can go through the curves at full speed without
derailing, using the tilting mechanism?

Ludo Soete