 Trains / 14575
Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 05:46:22 GMT

<snip>
In this shot you can also see a number of remote switch units. Each unit is
a small shed that holds a Technic motor (THANK YOU ZNAP!!!) and linkages.
The turnouts have been modified as described elsewhere to make them easier
to work (reducing friction). Each linkage includes a semaphore which shows
which way the turnout is thrown. The semaphore also carries color coding so
you can be reminded which switch works which turnout. (the control switches
are similarly color coded... turnouts with two colors and decouplers with one)

Does anyone have more info on these remote switching units?
They look very slick. I am very interested in seeing a DAT file or more
detailed pictures if they are available.

Tim Strutt   8^)