 Trains / 13609
Re: Stripe matching on the 10001 Metroliner.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 02:34:23 GMT

Thanks for the information Steve. I will try making my own decals. I really
don't like the way the Metroliner looks now.

--
Bob Fay

"steve barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message
Here's a couple ideas...
You can stick the stripes on a white sticker (mailing label...) or decal.
The discoloration issue is caused by the base sticker material is • transparent.
OR
Buy a blank white decal sheet from a hobby shop or on the web at • Bare-Metal
Foil Co. and print your own... BTW this is also a great way to make the
stripes for a club car for different color schemes.

FYI: More on decals and color "bleeding".
Kim Toll & I worked on making decals for his Union Pacific and found that
clear red on yellow brick dosen't stay red (duh!). So we made the sticker
magenta where it was supposted to be red and it worked out great.
SteveB
www.PNLTC.org

In lugnet.trains, Robert Fay writes:
What is a good way to match the white stripe on the metroliner. The white
line on the stickers turns sort of gray when applied and the doors are a
definite gray rather than white. I was thinking of replacing the white
plates with gray. Any body have ideas?

--
Bob Fay