 Trains / 12292
Re: Fantastic; Thanks LEGO!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:58:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Wayne Sardullo writes:
{snip}

I had two metroliners when they came
out but, missed the Club car..  So I hit Ebay over a year ago and got one for
150 bucks..  now I laugh at that because for 150 bucks I can get 3 to 4 of
them..

Oh well it was still money well spent!

I'm with you on this sentiment.  I don't care about the perceived monetary
value of a set.  I want the parts!  If they announced monorails coming back,
I wouldn't shed a tear about the money I spent on mine.  If they weren't
worth their cost... I wouldn't have bought them!

I am saddened by the recent news that they aren't likely to return.  All I
really want is some more straight tracks and a pair of switches...

Perhaps a fallout of this whole thing will be that the resale value of all
classic stuff drops because of the perceived possibility of their return.  Yay!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com