 Trains / 11700
Re: Belgian Serie 12 Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:06:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Ludo,
I really like that engine. I love the simplicity of the lines; I really lean
that way. I did think of one modification, if I may... concerning the stack
of 2 1x1 headlight bricks (4 stacks in all). I was wondering what it would
look like if the top headlight brick was pushed out one stud. This can be
achieved if a 1x2 plate was incerted between the 2 1x1 headlight bricks. To
compensate for the extra plate the top headlight brick can be laid on it's
back and rotated 180 deg, such that the top is pointing foward.

BTW I think I'll build one tonight. I have an extra soccer bus! Thanks for
the instructions!
SteveB
PNLTC

Looking more like the real one would be the use of 1x2x2 inverted slopes,
so that the top light can stay as it is, but have so a steeper front/back side.
There's only one problem to make it that way : I can't find such 1x2x2
inverted sloped bricks (i think they don't exist!). For the small side
windows can you also use 1x2x2 windows
(http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2377.gif )instead of the used 1x2x2 trans-light
blue panel.

Anyhow, thanks for the usefull tip. I change it and see how it looks like.

regards
Ludo

http://www.geocities.com/ludo_soete/NMBS_Loc_Serie12.htm