 Town / 9592
Re: Australian road train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:02:47 GMT

In lugnet.town, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:

   A different sort of train but still six-wide ;)

Very nice, but let’s be honest here-- it may be six-wide, but it is 8 wide scale:-)

And its 6 wide containers would look spiffy on this:-d (hmmm, intermooodal:-d)

JOHN

lol.

I just look up the dimensions of these things and they’re restricted to 2.5m wide including mirrors. 8 wide is about 0.8 studs to the foot for US trains (IIRC) so 7/0.8=2.66m so you’re right.

I thought these things were bigger. They sure don’t look only 2.5m wide.

Tim

PS. As for containers I’m getting quite keen on 5-wide containers for six-wide trains. 4 wide doesn’t cut it and 6 is too wide.