 Town / 8885
8884  |  8886
Subject:
The place where I grew up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:56:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi!

Here are some photos of a project that I’ve had on the backburner for more than a year or two now, and which still is unfinished: a model of my parents’ house.

Brickshelf folder

It was built mostly with pieces from my pre-dark-age period, i.e. from 1993 or earlier. (Although the area around the front lawn, which was most recently worked on, contains some sand green Yoda elements and some pieces from a Santa Fé car.) No project-specific Brickshelf orders have been done so far.

Reasons for its being unfinished include a lack of yellow plates for the roof, and a lack of inspiration for doing the upper floor interior.

The outer wall is built upside down. This makes my drainpipe solution work correctly, and saves some tiles too (the wall simply stands “stud to stud” on the base plate (this is hidden by the surrounding terraforming)). The windows are snotted sideways.

Pony Ear Technology is used a lot, for example on the inner walls. The model is pretty fragile in places, although some of those places could be stabilized easily if I had the pieces and the inclination.

The real house has already been repainted so that certain exterior details now are red instead of black.

Regards

/Martin