 Town / 8482
Re: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 01:31:10 GMT

In lugnet.town, Darrell Urbien wrote:
   Simply amazing. How did you handle the helix? Is there any interior?

I love how all your projects deal with “nonstandard” part connections to make curved shapes. Your animal folder is particularly inspiring and fun. Great work!

Darrell

The helix is just a 7-foot long wall of 1x2s wrapped around a technic frame. I couldn’t do an interior because of all the supports and framework I had to build in; I considered building an interior just where there were windows, but never ended up doing it.

Thanks!