 Town / 8289
8288  |  8290
Subject:
Shanty Town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 20:37:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This place is made entirely out of broken, dirty, stained, bent, otherwise
useless bricks, populated entirely by broken, loose, faded, melted, chewed on
minifigs.

It's an exploration into our idealic fantasies about making these imaginary
places that reflect what we would like to be the perfect world, but on our
doorstep there is so many problems and poverty that we ignore, and probably you
hang on to, but bury your own broken bricks and minifigs ;-)

I personally don't have any broken lego, this is all collected from case lots
and requests from friends for their broken lego, and everyone involved has been
very happy to give their broken bricks and people a nice safe place where they
can just flop on the ground if they have to.

This will surely affect further building developments, as the impoverished are
now a visible minority and can't be shuffled to some backwaters rubbermaid tub,
and have more of a say in the daily affairs and civic planning.

I havn't posted on Lugnet in a few years and have just recently got back into
the brick more seriously, mostly as I have more room to spread out the brick
pots to cook up some goodies, so hallo to everyone and nice to be back on the
grid =)

cheers, Joseph