 Town / 6989
6988  |  6990
Subject:
New uses for steering wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 05:35:09 GMT

I discovered a couple of uses for steering wheels while working on a current
project.

The first uses a tap and the wheel part removed from its base.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/119_1927.jpg

You need to lever the wheel off the base.  Its a little snug but it will pop off
without damaging either piece.  I did manage to breack the pin off one base but
if there's one piece I have too many of its the steering wheel.

Once you have the wheel off press it on to the tapered arm of the tap.  Its a
tight fit and you may need to set the tap down on something hard.  The wheel
will pop over the knobby end and spin freely on the tapered bit without coming
off.  Ta Daa!!!!  A part that is now useful. (more useful than just a tap or a
steering wheel)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/119_1931.jpg

The second use is more for Train builders but might have other uses.  It
involves the wedge bricks.  The bricks have cut outs for clearing the studs of
other bricks.  If the wedge bricks are stacked one a top the other there is no
studs and it leaves two rectangular holes where the bricks meet.  The steering
wheel will fit through both holes and stick out the front.  The fit is snug with
very little wiggle.  It makes a not bad looking ladder/hand holds.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/119_1923.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/119_1924.jpg

LMKWYT

Mike