 Town / 6184
Re: "stamp" on older building instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 21:19:11 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Koudys writes:
In lugnet.town, Lars Gertsen writes:
Hi,

I have just bought some older lego sets and I noticed some kind of stamp or
cupond on the last
page in the building instructions. Anybody know what these was used for?
Were they for collection,
or collect point to win a price something else.

When I got a set from my girlfriend the other day, it had sticker in
it--they said something like "Attach these stickers to gain points" or
something--I'll read it more carefully tonight.

To see the stickers, see

http://sparky.i989.net/images/lego/p008965.jpg

and note the gold/black stickers on the right.

Mayhaps they attach to your coupon.

I dunno... I think Lars is referring to the small triangles that first
appeared in System instructions in the early nineties. Last page, upper
right corner; they transpose to the back cover as well. One side shows the
theme ( a symbol), the other a punctuation of some sort.
I had always thought they were originally intended as a proof of purchase
for some intended competition, however I was unable to find reference of any
such thing :-(

Pedro