 Town / 5786
Re: Modified 4600
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 07:08:00 GMT

Hey a response!

I was beginning to think that this moc has the Jack Stone kiss of death and
folk were avoiding is as such, or that maybe it just isn't a very good model.

In lugnet.town, Richie Dulin writes:

Nice work. Very Car Wars-y.

You'll have to forgive me - I'm not familiar it, but thanks.

Jack Stone is not as bad as most people think... and the scale does allow
for greater detail without making vehicles ridiculously large. And then
there's technic fig scale :-)

I'll try to avoid going into a whole treatise in defense of J.S., but it
boils down to two main things 1)it's a great stepping stone from Duplo to
'little Lego' (as my 4yo son calls it), and 2)for the afol, once you get
past the overly large (and admittedly overpriced) parts and start adding
more standard parts, the bigger scale opens up a whole new world of
possibilities. The only real downside to JS, I think, is the
non-customisability of the figs, but I can live with that, and the great
wheels and canopies make up for it.

As for Technic figure scale - I've been thinking about it, but there's too
much stuff I want to build first. One day I'll get back to it.

I did do a couple of technic fig scale models last year. One of them even
made MOTM on Ldraw.org. I do wish their arms weren't so diproportionally
short though.

Cheers,
Allister