 Town / 3570
Re: Pictures from NCLTC Layout at the So. Junction Model Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:13:49 GMT

This weekend the North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) displayed our • layout
at the Southern Jumction Model Train Show.  We were a little short handed
but all worked out well in the end - our layout was a hit with the crowd,
which was unfortunately a bit sparse.  It turns out that the local • newspaper
ran the advertisements for the show on the wrong weekend and didn't • include
the location.  Ooops!

We had a 20'x20' layout on display with a kids play area adjacent to the
layout.

The highlight of the layout was Cary Clark's monorail spiral.  There were
two  spirals which were connected by a 15' span approximately 50 bricks
(five tall stanchions) off the table.

If I click on this page I get a brickshelf gallery page with no picture :(

But here I get a funky picture instead of a quite amazing monorail spiral.
Did you have any problems with the monorails accelerating really quickly
down the hill and shooting off the side or anything?  How many monorail
trains did you have?  It appears that every time I look at a picture with a
monorail in it there's a different one gliding past.

Cary also built us a nice mosaic that hung in front of the layout.

The monorail stanchions look really impressive in that photo.  I also envy
whoever possesses that many supports in the first place :)

As well as our own skyscrapper complete with revolving roof top • restaurant.

All of the pictures are on Brickshelf.

Friday:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6793 (set up day)
Saturday:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6803
Sunday:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6836

Mike

This little mech (if that's the correct term) reminds me a lot of the mech
featured in the end movie if you completed Command & Conquer: Tiberium Dawn.
It's pretty cool, and it also looks kinda comically cartoony too.  Is it
actually made from Lego bits, or something else?  I certainly don't
recognise any Lego components in there.

The buildings around the layout are very nice too.  Such a variety of
architectural styles.  Did one person build all the tall buildings, or was
it a joint project?  I've had to stop myself posting a link to every
building and commenting on how great they are :)

Thanks for posting the pictures,

Nicholas Allan

Cross-Posted to lugnet.town so that Townies like myself can drool over the
buildings and draw inspiration from them.