 Town / 2395
2394  |  2396
Subject:
Starscream Teaser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:10:47 GMT

Since Mark S. already mentioned that I was working on Starscream, the in
progress picts are at

I apologize for the really fuzzy pictures, but Bryan was at a hockey game so
he lent me his camera (thanks dude!) and we find out just how bad a
photographer I am. Oh well, next time he's taking the pictures! Notable
features are wings mounted at 45 degrees coplanar, and half stud offsets
throughout).

These picts are not the final model; there are a couple of 4x1 curve over
bricks with 1x4 plate flange in grey that need to go under the knife (so
that I don't have to use the white flangeless ones shown -- I used the white
ones because Kevin's contest specified existing LEGO pieces only). Likewise,
the current canopy looks alright, but needs to be removed for transforming
(definitely need a better solution!). Transformers fans will also notice the
lack of feet or fists; I haven't worked out a satisfactory solution to
either (ok, I'm completely stumped on how to do the feet right now).

The final model will be as posable as the Hasbro / Takara (?) toy (which is
to say, not very; except with the possible addition of articulated fingers).
The current one is based on the Generation 1 Japanese version (black tail
fins instead of blue for North America) but I'd rather have the blue...
anyone have 4 spare 4x8 wings they can sell /trade even information on which
sets contained these?

The model is completed enough to pass for an F-15 with no landing gear, so
for now, enjoy and LMKWYT.

Mark W.