 Town / 1655
Re: Sorting the new Subthemes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:59:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
Is Life on Mars considered Space, Town (like space port) or a new Theme?
And what about Alpha Team?

My thoughts are:

Life on Mars is designed to be a short-lived (1-2 years) play theme completely
separate from Space or Town.  The set numbers we know so far are 7310, 7311,
7312, 7313, 7314, 7315, 7316, and 7317 -- the smallest being 7310 and the
largest being 7317.  If it's successful, maybe they'll roll out a bigger set
or some accessory parts 7318 & 7319 in the year 2002 or later in 2001.  It's
interesting to note that the entire 73xx range is unused (or won't be until
2001).

Life on Mars might be a play theme within a new system whose name we don't
yet know, or it might be its own whole category (like Soccer/Football).  My
guess is that it's designed to be short-lived because of the small product
number range.

Alpha Team -- much harder to guess -- no set numbers shown in the catalog.
Judging by the face design, I'd guess that it's designed to fit into the 5+
age range of Town.

Question:  Is the red & black shuttle launch thingie on page 14 part of Alpha
Team? -- is that the bad guy Ogel's lair?  Whatever it is, it's shown on the
same page with stuff that looks a descendant of other recent Town stuff, so
I'm guessing it's may be another play theme within the Town system.  On the
other hand, Arctic is shown several pages later -- and Arctic is known to be
part of Town.

Are set numbers known for any of the Alpha Team sets?  Are they there in the
catalog and I'm just missing them?

--Todd