 Town / 10336
Re: Minifig Segway
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:54:40 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Daniel Patten wrote:
   I’ve been thinking of the possibility of rigidly connecting two Segways front-to-back to make what would be, for practical purposes, a four-wheel vehicle, but I hadn’t previously thought of the trouble that rubber tires would have in turns. Could you point me to that hard-plastic one you mentioned?

Sure, this is the new wide rubber tire that you regularly see on town vehicles these days:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6015

This should be the exact same style, but made entirely from plastic (and there’s also a thin ridge running down the center of the tread):

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/41864

   I also like that train-car idea. I might have to try it sometime.

Well, it’s not a low-hassle design, just so you know. The cars do regularly decouple from the boom-magnets, and getting them to pick up the connection again is a huge challenge. I tried it once when they went awry and Steve wasn’t around at the time to fix it, and all I remember succeeding in doing was decoupling one more car than there had been before.

OK, thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.

I think the plastic wheels are little too big for my Segway, but if I ever get a hold of some, I can use them and call it an off-road version; just the thing for the commuter who wants to pretend he’s communing with nature.

Daniel Patten

P.S. I apologize for the late reply. I haven’t had a good opportunity to post on LUGNET in a while.