 Technic / RoboRiders / 15
Re: Snow Comparison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.roboriders, lugnet.technic.slizer
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:51:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Andy Verner writes:
As every one of us has by now noticed, Lego seems to think that every one of
its "action figure" lines (yes, this is a stretch for RoboRiders, but it's
not like I can think of a better description,  <snip>
-Andrusi &&

  I agree. These "action figure" seem to thrive on psuedo re-makes of past
lines. The Throwbots, though interesting, were completely inadequate as
action figures. The Bionicals are the closest things to that end.
  Initially, when Throwbots came out, I found them lacking, and so created
my own "action figure" type line up of what I called "Drill-bots." For me
they filled my desires quite well for this niche, as they are still
assembled and proudly displayed in my 'Lego/computer' room.
  The Roboriders where interesting for pieces, but that's all that they did
for me.
  The Bionicals are by far the best in this trend, but, of course (IMHO)
need help.
  One of my next projects is to combine all three lines together (along type
lines [Ski/Frost/Kopaka, etc.]) to get two, or maybe three bots out of the
combo types. Since the Throwbot line ended up with 10 small bots in the end,
and the following themes only have 6 each, I'm still undecided on how to
divide up the spoils (from the other non-aligned set types) into which types
they may blend into. Flare will go into the Torch/Lava/Tahu pile, but I'm
uncertain where Turbo actually fits in. There is also a huge color disparity
from Electo and Spark to Power, with no real crossover into the Bionical
line. I'm undecided as of yet on how I will proceed, but I'm certain the
result will be if nothing else, interesting.
  I'm hoping others will do the same as I, and come up with some interesting
combos. And of course, I intend to bring my 'Drill-bots' and my choice of
combos to Brickfest, so if nothing else they will be seen in detail soon.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****