 Technic / Bionicle / 256
Re: Bionicle.com has been updated!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:55:44 GMT

Hi Bionicle fans out there,

funny that so far nobody has started to discuss about the latest events on
Bionicle.com, so I'll make the first step by adding more details to what I
have written earlier this morning...

- Press releases that contain some coooool info about the background of the
Bionicle legend.

Well, what else could I say besides the stuff you may find on the following
link:

http://www.lego.com/eng/bionicle/PressMain.asp?Press=2

quotating the best pieces IMO:

~~~~~
Will the story continue next year?
Martin: "The guys in the high-security facility are working full speed on
the creation of the next 'chapters' in the Bionicle universe."
~~~~~

And that part is obviously about #8539 which is not shown on Bionicle.com
although all the other four Makuta sets are there now:
~~~~~
What other products are you planning to market to join the Toa and the Turaga?
Martin: "Later this year we're launching five very mean – and unlucky –
beasts. They have been cursed by Makuta. And there are persistent rumours
that the people in our secret facility have develop a three-channel
radio-control unit."
~~~~~

Also extremely interesting that the GERMAN version of this press release
names some Nestlé cereal promotion for CD-Roms, while I can't find that part
in the English version, quatating the German part:

~~~~~
Unsere Partner sind sehr daran interessiert, die Handlung aufzugreifen und
das Universum zu vergrößern. Nestlé ist dafür ein gutes Beispiel. Nestlé
legt unsere Bionicle 3D-CD-ROM ihren Frühstücksprodukten bei, druckt
Bionicle Rückseiten auf die Kartons, stellt Bionicle Verkaufsmaterialien und
Bionicle Fernsehspots her."
~~~~~

- IMAGES of the upcoming Makuta Creatures!

Well, again: You will find the images yourself, but what caught my eye is
that one:

http://www.lego.com/eng/bionicle/makuta.asp?WhichMakuta=Muaka-KaneRa

At least the yellow tiger-like creature comes with an infected mask, so I
wonder why none of the other Makuta creatures come with 'regular' colors
rather than infected ones? (Not that purple would be regular, but it's still
a usual colour other than infected).

- A preview on the golden Kanohi Hau, which is now confirmed to be MASSIVE gold!

Sadly, I meanwhile found out that there is no link yet. All you may read
(along with a small image of the massive golend mask) is:

~~~~~
WIN A GOLDEN MASK:
Stay tuned for contest details on how you could win a solid gold Kanohi Hau!
~~~~~

- new functions on Mata Nui, a new person and a "save profile" function
specially for Web Club members !!!

Yes, the most interesting part is all the new stuff to do on Mata Nui now.
In case you haven't done yet, check out the beach and try to get Gali
fighting against Tarakava! That is soooo cooooool!!! I'll not reveal the way
how to rescue Ga-Koro here, as it's really interesting to find it out all by
yourself. Since I did manage it already, I would be willing to give you some
support in case you get stuck anywhere. Ga-Koro loooks soooo genial! That
Kaukau Rock plus waterfall is extremely out of this world!

Oh, and last but not least you might to talk to all the 'old' characters
again. Vakama has just told me that the sky predicts the arrival of a
SEVENTH TOA SOON !!!!

YES - HE SAID " SEVENTH TO ON ITS WAY TO MATA NUI ! ! ! "

Too bad my membership automatically saved the profile, now I have to create
a new identity in order to start over again, but it's worth it! TLC: GREAT
JOB! I can't wait to see Gali and Tarakava fighting again. . .

Well, I think that's about it, now I am waiting for some of your thoughts
(well and I know most of you are alos waiting for my replies, whops!)

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de