 Technic / Bionicle / 1942
Subject:
traditional knowledge in the manufacture of toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 05:17:20 GMT

"After deciding to stop using offending words in any further launches of the
Bionicle range, Lego now wants to set out a code of conduct for the use of
traditional knowledge in the manufacture of toys."

I'm sure many of you have heard about the Maori disputing TLC's use of their
traditional words in Bionicle, but here is an entire article on the matter,
including the new (to me) idea of a code of conduct...

Aaron

Re: traditional knowledge in the manufacture of toys
SORRY, I forgot to include the website address (it was late at night)

http://www.turtletrack.org/Issues01/Co11032001/CO_11032001_Lego.htm