 Technic / Bionicle / 1852
Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 02:10:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer writes:
Seriously these images are BARELY Lego related.  But besides that I think
that completely flooding the Recent Updates with ANY image should be
addressed.

That is just your opinion. What gives you the right to post what you want (a
MOC, etc) and say that is more Lego related than what some person does with
an Avatar which is nothing more than an image of a Bionicle character? Both
are Lego.

What does this have to do with whether or not these avatars *should* be
posted to Brickshelf.  Just because some guy on a completely unrelated
website recommended that these pictures be posted to brickshelf does not
mean that they should be. I really don't see how this backs up your
argument.

Then I will back it up for him. As of now, Kevin offers brickshelf as a
service to all Lego fans to host images of Lego creations, pictures, etc.
All of the Avatars at Bionicle Zone are Lego related, which means that as of
now, they belong there just as much as your MOC pictures do. Dimensioneer
(The administrator of BZ) put that link there because supposedly Brickshelf
is there for all Lego fans to use as long as the images are related to Lego
in some way. Apparently some such as yourself think that only your Lego
interests should be there. Take into consideration the others who wish to
use the brickshelf for other reasons than what you would like to see there.

Not really.  I like Bionicle in moderation. They have some nifty parts.  I
think that they ARE (as alien as they may be) Lego. My problem is with the
wave after wave of annoying pixelated drawings that I feel are flooding
(Abusing) BrickShelf.

Again, posting Lego (Bionicle) images is not abusing Brickshelf.  Stop
thinking about yourself. AFOLs are not the only Lego fans out there, and
some kid who likes Bionicle is just as right as you are to post a Lego image
on brickshelf.

At the very least I think Kevin should consider taking *some* action.  Not
just for these images but for all of the other junk that is taking advantage
of BrickShelf.  Maybe in the future he could have some moderators weed out
offensive content.

So 14 year old kids posting Bionicle pictures is labeled at "offensive
content?" That is what it seems like you are implying here.

Or to the operator(s) of BionicleZone, asking them to refrain from • promoting
BrickShelf as free space for the images?

Personally, I wont until Kevin asks such, and I cant see why he would
because there are just Lego images that younger Lego fans use.

Can those posting the avatars shed some light on why you need SO DARN MANY
of the things?

Exactly. Why??

Because the kids rotate their avatars frequently. I don't know why, that is
just what they do. I have had the same one for about 4 months now.

I apologize if I came off as a little terse. I am just a bit perturbed at
the situation.

-Rich
Assistant Administrator,
BionicleZone