 Technic / Bionicle / 1754
Re: Bionicle book cancelled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:43:53 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Paul Gyugyi writes:
AMazon just sent me email saying the Bionicle book
has been cancelled. :(
-gyug

From Amazon.com I received the same notification about the cancellation of
“Bionicle” by Alexander Skinnerton.

And all you ones who ordered that book on Internet or with your local
bookseller will get the same message.

And than after the story with the PC Game: it will come, it will come but
with some delay, it will come but with some more delay, it perhaps will not
come, it will come, it will probably come, it will definitely not come. I
wonder, what is wrong with the policy of LEGO®. Did not this book also meet
the LEGO® standards? Two products in de Bionicle™ line cancelled? Is not
that strange?

I do not know a lot about marketing strategy and so on, but as a simple
Dutchman I would say that when you assign some one to write a book about
Bionicle you as assigner sketch the rough boundaries. So what should be the
problem? And all this without a word from LEGO® itself. No announcement on
bionicle.com. Nothing. You have to find out for yourselves. Luckily there is
LUGNET™…

So, no nice Bionicle-present for me on ‘Sinterklaasavond’  the 5th of
December (Sinterklaas is the Dutch Santa Claus).

LEGO®, I like to tell stories and know that I could make a story about
Bionicle. Come on send me an e-mail.

Jaap