 Technic / 9849
Re: Helicopter project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:02:26 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Paul Krieg writes:
Hi all,
Well, this is the first time I have ever posted a project.  I would like to
share with anyone who may be interested.  So here it is...
The idea is to get it to fly.  I hope you will enjoy what I have so far.

Hm.. I can't view .mov files so I can't see it move (tihi). But my main concern
is speed of the axle. To lift a very small model heli the blades have to spin
pretty fast, or actually very fast.

To get that speed up you'd need a pretty big airsupply like an industrial
compressor or something? Does the thin pneumatic hoses deliver enough air?

Will the motor produce enough power with the high speed?

How will you stop the thing from rotating? Will there be a tail fan or twin
rotors?

And how on earth do you convert the back-n-forth jerking motions of that model
team hub with the pistons into a rotating drive shaft!?!

Pneumatics rule!

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu