 Technic / 7919
Re: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Re: Technic's Dead )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 18:28:13 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Ralph Hempel writes:
I'd take it one step further - Brickyard Wars. I hate the Junkyard Wars
show becasue the junkyard is so obviously seeded with the parts required
to execute one of the three designs for the project. But that doesn't keep
me from flipping to the show and saying I could do better :-)

Wouldn't a Brickyard Wars show be pretty cool? Come up with a design
for a trebuchet, or an aquatic vehicle, or even a big crane that is
made entirely of LEGO. Sure, it doesn't have the same impact as
flinging watermelons at castles, but you could follow along at home!

And it's not that far fetched. LEGO and Galidor come to mind...

It would be AWESOME if LEGO were to sponsor such a building challenge themed
TV show.  One of the most-asked questions at our train shows is 'are these
all kits? where can I buy them?'  They are floored when we tell them we
build it ourselves, from our own imaginations.  I've discovered that a LOT
of people don't see LEGO as a creative medium on ANY level (perhaps that's
cause their kids just build sets?).  LEGO hasn't touted the 'limitless
possibilities' aspect of their products in recent years as much as they have
pushed pre-fab themes, licensed items, etc.

That show concept is awesome, and it would celebrate what the LEGO building
system is *really* about.

-Tim