 Technic / 7700
Re: Technic news group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:29:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Arnon writes:
TJ, I'd like to say I'm very happy with what you've done with our small
part of Lugnet, the Technic page is now much more useful and interesting
than it used to be.  Thanks !

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the feedback.

What happened to the "set of the week" & "part of the week" ?

Well, I'm just lazy.

Only kidding ;-) I started to find it more difficult to maintain the POTW
and SOTW pages. This is a result of the lack of new Technic sets from Lego.

I guess the purpose of the pages is to feature new stuff that readers may
not be familiar with. I found myself resorting to featuring old "classic"
sets that everyone knows of.

There have been a lot of new parts in non-Technic sets that have great
Technic potential. With the help of John Barnes, and others, I've featured a
few of these parts. But for now, the potential parts list has just run dry.

As always, if anyone has a suggestion for a new part feature, please post it.

I anticipate that I'll pick up POTW and SOTW sometime later on. The release
of the new Spybotics line should bring some good new parts (I've got my eye
on that 36-toothed gear ;-)

Also, I think the review sites of Gaurav Thakur
<http://cp5670.250x.com/TC/reviews/main.htm>
and Tobbe Arnesson
<http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/official/setsIOwn.html>
could be added to the "Set Lists, Guides, and Reviews" page.

Yes, thanks! Those are good suggestions.

Keep up the good work,

Thank you, I'll try!

TJ

p.s. The R996 is truly an impressive piece of LEGO engineering!

Thanks!