 Technic / 7341
7340  |  7342
Subject:
Getting Gear Ratios Right
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:02:08 GMT

Considering that gear ratio is such a fundamental concept, it's
disturbing that several authors of Mindstorms books have got it
confused.

A good explanation is to be found on page 65 of Ben Erwin's "Creative
Projects with LEGO Mindstorms". The best is in Fred Martin's "Robotic
Explorations" pages 144-145 but then, that's not a Mindstorms book.

It helps if you just remember that 3 to 1 is gear reduction.
--
C S Soh

CSSoh's Lego Pneumatics
http://www.geocities.com/cssoh1