 Technic / 6925
Re: Melting Point of ABS (Re: Strengthening Gears)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 03:50:34 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jason S. Mantor writes:
IIRC, ABS is a thermoset plastic.  The first time you melt it it's workable
at a relatively low temp and solidifies nicely, but heating it again won't
melt it, only deform it and finally burn it : (

That explains it. And it smells pretty bad too - that's what alerted me when I
had my "accident".

ROSCO