 Technic / 6337
6336  |  6338
Subject:
Attaching Lego Motors to Radio Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:50:54 GMT

Hi all. Some of you might have seen this on Brickshelf already, but I'd like
to share my latest crazy project. I have taken two Lego motors and attached
them to a radio control system. They actually work rather well, too. I
started with a cheap RC car, gutted its motors, replaced them with two Lego
motors and then put them parallel to each other for a two wheeled vehicle. I
chopped the car's chassis off on the front and back and made motor mounts
out of 1x2 Technic beams. They will later be epoxied together, but for now
the bricks stay together with minimal abuse. Machine screws pass through the
beams and hold the motors securely to the chassis. Another mod I made to the
car was to rewire it to take a nine volt battery instead of the six volts it
was supposed to use. This way the motors actually preform at the voltage
they are reccomended for. Pictures can be found here:
I will keep adding pictures as I add other things to the car. The end result
will be decidedly non-Lego, but I thought maybe some of you would like to
check it out anyway.