 Technic / 4268
4267  |  4269
Subject:
McLaren F1 LM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 02:11:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi Guys,

I put up a couple of mediocre pics of my McLaren F1 LM Roadcar.  They
can be found here:
http://www.kungstorget.nu/designs/mclaren.htm
This car is definitely work in progress, same as my website!  I hope you
guys don't peg my server to death.  Anyway, a few details of the model:

Approx 3 kg,
rack and pinion steering,
double A-arm suspension in the front with swaybar and adjustable firmness,
multilink suspension with camber adjustability in rear,
fully functional gas, brake, and clutch pedals,
flex-cable actuated shifter lever,
doors, bonnet, and boot that open like a mclaren's,
6 speed transmission + reverse gear,
V-12 engine with throttle body, clutch, and exhaust manifold,
Brakes for the rear wheels,
limited slip differential using the white clutch gear,
racing seat with 5-point safety harness.

I may also make the rear spoiler adjustable from inside the cockpit, and
add a latch for the bonnet.  In a few weeks I should get better pics and
descriptions up.

//Henry Chea
                          hchea@kungstorget.nu
            *S*  Göteborg, jaja, jag behöver inget mer!  *S*
                       http://www.kungstorget.nu