 Technic / 3727
3726  |  3728
Subject:
Striking Lego Clock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:06:54 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Ok, after tinkering with this for months, I finally have a complete Lego
clock that strikes the hours! It is completely mechanical, and non-electric.

It features:
375:1 gear ratio
8 hours running time
3 lbs clock weights and 2 lbs striking weights.
Strikes on the hour, about once per second, as many times as required to
indicate the hour.
Uses all Lego parts, Lego string etc, with the exception of the bell which
came from an old telephone and the weights, which are 1 lb lead bars.

http://www.best.com/~amnon/Homepage/Games/LegoClocks/StrikingClock.jpg