 Technic / 3225
  Re: Gear train friction?

Amnon, I've also found a not in-significant source of friction is the bushes against the beams (or whatever your axle goes through). I've reduced this a bit on occasion by not using bushes to hold axles in position, but having a brick at each end, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gear train friction?

(...) The length of one axle is normally slightly shorter than a corresponding beam, ie. an axle #4 is slightly shorter than a 4 stud beam. So this is probably why you achieve some slack when putting bricks on either side of the axle to support it. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gear train friction?

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:m3k89e4iva.fsf@...ldomain... (...) The difference is, when the bush is rubbing against the beam, it's a much greater surface area than when the axle-end rubs the end-stop. ROSCO (23 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)