 Technic / 2118
2117  |  2119
Subject:
New Pneumatic Power Pack 5218
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 06:33:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Marc Klein writes:
I'd like to get the  pneumatic small pump and small cylinder.

My new 5218 Mindstorms Pneumatic Kit came today (US$27.99) and is EXACTLY the
sort of kit you've been looking for. It's companion kits are also available
(but not yet shipping)...

5219 Spare Wheels US$29.99
5220 Styling Pack UA$11.99 (looks like leftover parts from the new 8458 Silver
Champion)
5221 Motor Base US$?? (what is this for? RC?)
5222 Chassis Pack US$?? (basically a working frame and four wheels with rack
and pinion)

So, the instruction manual shows models that can all be created using
combinations of the above packs. The pneumatic contains the following pieces:

2 - 2x2 plates
7 - #2 axles
8 - #3 axles
5 - #4 axles
4 - #5 axles
1 - #6 axle
1 - #8 axle
2 - cap end #3 xle (grey)
2 - 5 x 3 right angle half beams with rounded connector (blk)
2 - 3 x 3 right angle half beams with rounded connector (lt grey)
1 - smooth axle cuff (blk)
4 - 3 x 5 T right angle half beams with angled sides (blk)
2 - 3 x 3 right angle half beams, no connector (dk grey)
3 - 4 x 4 135 degree anglehalf beams, no connector (NEW! blk)
2 - 7 half beams (lt grey)
2 - 3 half beams (lt grey)
2 - 3 rounded full beams (lt grey)
2 - 2 x 4 L rounded full beams (lt grey)
4 - full bushings
20 - half bushings (no notches)
4 - 15 rounded full beams (blk)
2 - 1 x 2 bricks, single hole (blk)
1 - 1 x 2 brick, double hole (blk)
2 - 1 x 2 bricks, notched axle hole (lt grey)
2 - 1 x 16 square beams (blk)
4 - 2 x 4 technic plates (with holes, lt grey)
1 - 2 to 1 axle connector (lt grey)
4 - 1 to 1 axle connector (lt grey)
Blue tubing (about 20 inches)
Grey tubing (about 20 inches)
Black tubing (about 20 inches)
1 - small pneu piston (yel & blk)
1 - small pneu pump (yel & blk)
1 - large piston (yel & blk)
1 - large pump (yel & blk)
2 - pneu switches, 3 position (lt grey & blk)
2 - 1 to 1 axle connectors (yel)
2 - 2 to 2 peg connectors with cross axle joint (yel)
4 - peg to axle connectors (lt grey)
1 - loose peg connector (lt grey)
2 - axle connectors (lt grey)
1 - pneu T connector (lt grey)
12 - tight peg connectors (blk)
4 - tight long non-capped peg connectors (blk)
2 - 2 to 1 axle connector (pur)
6 - 1 to 2 double axle connector (pur)
1 - 2 to 1 axle connector (blk)
1 - 1 to 2 double axle connector (blk)
2 - 2 x 2 plate with double axle connector on bottom (blk)
1 - air tank (HOORAY! blu)

Also, they've included plans for a decent little compressor, using the (not
included) gear reduction motor and battery pack (8735). Also pictured in the
back (as in with the Silver Champion) is a better picture of the new red dune
buggy.

Play well!

- Sean