 Technic / 16600
Re: Powering Power Functions Using a 9V Train Regulator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 05:14:35 GMT

So by using the PF to 9V connector wire, I can run a PF motor using the 9V
Train
regulator.  This is all wonderful...until I try to put an IR receiver
between
them.  When I do that, it doesn't work.  Can anyone explain why this
doesn't
work?  I still have 9V going from the controller (it's turned all the way
up) to
the IR receiver and then the motor connected to the IR receiver.  In
theory...it
should work.  So...EE's and other electronics gurus...what am I missing?
Is
there a workaround?

The receiver works on the outer most two contacts of the PF cable, and the
"legacy 9v" run on the inner most two wires.
Basically, outer wires for the power bus for controllers, and inner two
wires for load items such as lights and batteries.

Everything you ever wanted to know about LPF but were afraid to ask:
http://www.philohome.com/pf/pf.htm

(Thanks Philo!)

-Rob
www.lifelties.com