 Technic / 16094
16093  |  16095
Subject:
Another Theo Jansen style LEGO Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:12:47 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

I just ran across Chis Mango’s thread about Theo Jansen style walkers (Oct. 2007) and Thomas Johnson’s (Feb. 2006). One of the videos Chris referenced was a design I did in June 2007. I took a different approach from Chris and Philippe and used technic liftarms instead of axles (based on the limited parts I had available). A web page with some photos and videos is at:

http://www.RoboticsLearning.com/jansenwalker/

On that web page you will also find an LDRAW file and a Java applet simulation/animation that lets you play with different component lengths for the leg design (Philippe used Euklides to tune his design):

http://www.roboticslearning.com/jansenwalker/walkerapplet/

I’ve also uploaded some of the files to brickshelf at:

While I used two motors in my model, only one is necessary, since the central crankshaft goes all the way through.

Check out the video to see how this one moves.

Steve Putz
www.RoboticsLearning.com