 Technic / 15958
Re: 8275 Bulldozer alternate fix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:23:25 GMT

I also noticed that clutch gear was rubbing on the beam, but I found that the
radial pattern wasn't as bad as the text side. I just pushed it a tiny bit away
from the beam and it seems to be working fine.

The only mod I've made so far was switching the two blue cables. This lets me
pin two remote controls together and have the outer joysticks drive the treads
and the inner two drive the blade and ripper. The left one is channel 1, the
right one is channel 4. You will of course need two remotes if you want to try
this -- I got my other one from the 4958 Monster Dino set.

I have noticed, however, that this makes the bulldozer a lot slower when driving
it around. When it drove while getting power from one receiver the motors had
plenty of power, but now that they are powered from separate receivers they are
struggling. Is this a parallel vs. series wiring issue?

Another thing I experimented with was the fact that there are four wires in each
cable, not two. I found out you can daisy chain receivers together and the
channel commands won't get messed up. That's kind of cool, and I imagine it
would be useful if one receiver were too far from the battery box to plug it in
directly.