 Technic / 14814
Re: Liebherr LR-1750 Completion Photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 20:23:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Alvin Brant wrote:
Good Afternoon.

I have finally gotten around to posting the completion photos of my Liebherr
LR-1750 (fomrer LR-1600).  The photos show the crane set up with the heavy main
boom, the superlift with counterweight tray, and a luffing jib.  The overall
height of this crane shown is only 14', but it proved to be more than stable
enough to add more boom.  Even with a 15 mph wind blowing, the crane was hardly
rocking at all.  I plan to make some more boom, or even steal some of the boom
from my LR-11200 to try to test the maximum height that I can get out of this
model.  The pictures are at the following link:

Take a look and feel free to give any compliments or criticisims.

Some specs are as follows:

Main Boom = 108"
Luffing Jib = 60"
Counterweights = 30lbs
Motors = 6
Time = at least 40 hours
Parts = ???

Thanks for you time

-Alvin

30 lbs!  I did not realize it took that much weight to balance the boom, but I
guess that makes sense.  40 hrs is not much time at all for a design that big.
Is it possible to build a crane that tall without grounded support in the rear?
I mean is it possible to build one like that that is free-standing?  That is not
a critisism but just a question to increase personal learning.

It must be strong to withstand a 15 mph wind! I think you have set records with
your cranes that may never been broken.  How much can it lift?  Would adding a
load make it withstand even greater wind resistance?  It sure dwarfs my crane!

Keep up the good work!

Nathan

Nathan