 Technic / 14795
14794  |  14796
Subject:
My first truck mounted crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:19:35 GMT

Seeing as how everyone and their brother has built a model of a Liebherr
LG-1550, I figured that I might as well give it a shot.  I posted some teaser
photos of the first attempt:

I must say that it is much harder to construct a truck-mounted crane as opposed
to a crawler-mounted version.  The pictures that are posted here were taken
inside, so once again, I must apologize for the quality of them.  The model is
shown with only 3 feet of boom, and with no superlift or jib.  When I set it up
on the table, and started to lift the boom, the outriggers gave way too much to
try to test it with anymore boom installed.  I am planning to tear apart the
middle sectionon of the carrier where the outriggers and turntable are mounted
and try to come up with a stronger design.  I hope to have this completed soon.

Feel free to offer any compliments or criticims.

Oh yeah, I also posted a few pictures of my LR-1750 with the superlift
installed, and a few pictures of it torn down into it's basic pieces and ready
to be taken outside this weekend for testing.

-Alvin.