 Technic / 14422
Re: netiquette?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:53:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:

I just realized something- It is a general rule that posting a message on a forum to only one person is not good netiquitte.   If I respond to your post then technically that is sending a post to one person.  Every post is a search for feedback which generally comes from one or two people, and a response must be given to each one individually.  Therefore, every post is, in a way, a post to one person.  Where do we draw the line?

Its obviously OK to reply to an individual post. I think it's also OK to ask a
question directed to an individual in a public reply (like "I like that MOC, how
did you do such and such?").

But it's bad netiquette to start a thread with a question to one person. Better
to email them asking the question, and say something like "I think the people at
lugnet.technic would be interested in the answer too".

But that's just my opinion.

FUT sent to lugnet.people

ROSCO