 Technic / 14354
Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 22:07:39 GMT

Hello John,

I did a search for the set 8420 and didn't see any more info. I hadn't noticed
the shock in the 8369 so thanks for that info. How many shocks were included in
the 8369 RC car set?  I looked closely at the catalog picture and it appears
they use one shock for the front suspension.  Does the model count on light
weight of the car to not compress the shocks to change the extension lock? I
guess that would mean you could compress the shocks while they are in the model
and change it from a "off road" to a "low the ground, lower center of gravity "
car. pretty cool design IMO.
Thanks again for your information!!
   John

The 8369 has two of these shocks. One as you noticed for the front axle
and the second one for the rear axle.

I do drive with this RC car outside and when driving on sand you want a
lot of ground clearance. I have build myself a 4 axle vehicle with 2
sets 8369: http://www.t-hok.nl/rc or http://www.t-hok.nl/rc/small_pictures
to give you an impression.

So I don't use the shocks in the short position. I do turn the ring to
get a stiffer shock (<= is this correct english?) to try to keep the
wheels on the surface whenever possible.

Greetings
Maico Arts