 Technic / 14111

Subject:
Pneumatic hexapod omni-Directional 2 (repost)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 13:25:02 GMT

I uploaded some pictures of PhD 2, that some of you saw at BrickFest 2004.

PhD2 is a neat and tidy version of its predecessor Hex-363.

PhD2 can adjust the sweep direction of each of its legs, allowing to walk any of
six directions (forward, forward right, forward left, backward, backward right,
backward left), and can turn right and left.  It can even walk forward/reverse
with one triple leg group, and turn with the other triple leg group.  PhD2 can
also walk in place.

It has no gravity well, meaning that in general the body does not move up and
down as it walks.  It does this by making sure that all legs are on the ground
before lifting any.

This is my most expensive MOCs so far.  It has 12 switches and two pistons per
leg.  Plus a few more pistons/switches for timing control.

Enjoy!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/PhD2
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/PhD2/p9090189.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/PhD2/p9090194.jpg

Kevin

(I posted this to annouce.moc, but forgot to post it here)

Re: Pneumatic hexapod omni-Directional 2 (repost)