 Technic / 14110
14109  |  14111
Subject:
Question about technic motors and voltages/amperages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 11:48:21 GMT

especially concerning the 47154 motor,

<<http://www.philohome.com/motors/r47154-t.jpg>>

Yesterday, I found a current transformer, and the the output is 9 volts at 400
Ma. I bought this since I intend save batteries and get my power from the wall
sockets instead. after doing some testing I found out that the technic motors do
run, but quite a bit faster than with batteries (it could have been that they've
been depleted a bit, but still...

Does anyone know if there are there any long-term (side-)effects to using this
setup? I'd buy myself a train transformer, but I'm afraid I don't have the money
for that.