 Technic / 11735
11734  |  11736
Subject:
Crane Information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 04:52:01 GMT

Hey, MORE CRANE INFO

I wasn't very informative about the crane the last time I posted a message so
here are the details:

1. being a first time crane builder, I built the crane about 4 times over and
over again to get the look I wanted (I still don't think it's the look I want)
2. the boom design is light and strong
3. I build the operators cab first and (although you can't tell in the pictures)
it tilts.
4. the last 6 studs of the crane is filled with pennies (these are great
weights)
5. I put transparent red Legos around the top to show caution near the opening
where the gears are.
6. the boom can tilt completely horizontal and lift a lego 9v battery pack
without falling over. (I had to test this on the edge of the table because the
hook hit the floor when it was that low)

and again, here is the link to the brickshelf folder...

I will make another crane bigger and better than this one. As soon as I take
more pictures of this one I will put them on Brickshelf.

As always COMMENTS WANTED!!